May 8, 2012

Touching base from beautiful British Columbia


It's hard to believe that it's been nearly three months since I last posted here, but as many of you may recall from my previous entry, earlier this year my husband and I made the decision to uproot our lives and move across the country from the urban wilds of Toronto to the fabulously sun-kissed, sage green hills of the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia.

To say that these past few months have been a three ring circus of activity would be an understatement. There were sleepless nights, days that were a whirl of stress, seemingly endless rolls of packing tape, renos, many shopping trips, oodles of decor decisions, and scads of unpacking (still have a bit of that to do, though most has been tackled at this point), but I wouldn't have traded a moment of it for anything.

I'm elated to be back in my home town of Penticton, and hope that as things continue to return to a more normal pace of life in the coming months, I’m be able to post here about once a month again.

Though some of my Girl Guide and Girl Scout collectibles, patches, badges, and pins are still packed away, as always I encourage you to contact me at any time if you'd like discuss trading.

So from my lovely new home on the most serenely peaceful street one could ever hope for (our house is across a small two lane street from a bubbling creek), I'm sending happy wishes out to all of you, dear friends, for a May and remainder of spring that abound with sunny days, great patch swaps, and tons of end of the Guiding year fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment